Thursday 24 January 2013

Grown up

That new year scream,
In my ears I just let in.
         That burst of light, on earth on sky
          across   my    vision    crosses by
That  yummy chocolate truffle cake
is no more than  a  piece of bread
          Christmas, new year, all so alone
          Why, I wonder    I've      grown?





Smiles once cheerful, now seen,
a clue of  being   involved   teen.
                   And   your T-shirt   once   so   cute,
                   begs you comments, turns you mute.
Those baddy nights, those "hangman" beats,
are      now a    perfectly    planned   meet?
                countless      midnights,     even 1 or   2
            we played and played and played through.
but now even past seven
they turn wild and demon.



we      gave   up     and     they     won,
we had to , only cuz we're now  grown!
                friendships mistaken evry now and then
                thats     how     it     all     begin.
forced, i had promises to keep
forced you and I to weep.


And so are we , I'm at your place,
stunned    in    silence     disgraced
               Kept word larger than life to speak
               but forced, i had promises to keep.


A perfect end friendship did own
owing to fact we're now "grown".
owing to fact we're now "grown".

2 comments: